View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #76
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,119 Times in 3,759 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post

No Corkey you belong here. When I speak from the Me place it ends up being in relation to brain trauma because that is part of my differently-abledness.

My physical limitations come into play as well because when I am in pain, or on chemo it affects me and how I engage with the world around me.

My goal is to make sure that we all (no matter the nature of the different-ablility) are heard and part of a community that is inclusive to us all. That is a new undertaking in the online community IMO.

So welcome to the thread. Share. About anything you want to. This is a safe place where you (general you) can laugh, cry, and share about navigating planet earth and the butchfemmeplanet while being different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Thank you, for the inclusion I appreciate that.
I still find it ironic that abled bodied people see my cane and not the person, and they park in disabled parking and run into the store, while I'm left looking for the next closest parking spot.
Chaps my ass to no end.
The newest peeve is when I'm using the stores mobile chair, and cart pushers think it's easier for me to back up than it is for them to stop, wait and then go around me. Those chairs don't stop on a dime ya' know!
Thanks for a place to rant....end rant.
One main reason why I LOVE BFP and adore the friends I've met here.... there's open space and individual space, and I've been welcomed and accepted... no-matter my differently-abledness status... and I don't feel targeted or pushed to the side for being different. I was a victim of a very violent domestic violence TBI (years ago). But the injury has never been treated other than spending 2 weeks in the hospital. (I've tried to learn to live with it...Some days are really hard, especially when I can relate my current health, difficulties with various tasks & ability to maintain memories and thought processes, back to the TBI. I didn't have health care at the time. Although, my last job helped because I worked for Medical Assistance in the "Special Populations Unit" - TBI was one of the State Programs we managed and coordinated with the Department of Health.)

Mostly these days though, I suffer from Lupus... today is a very painful day.
Thank you for making me feel welcome and accepted!
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: