LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I got married when I was 24. Now, I am 38 and have been fighting for a divorce for much longer than I care to admit. It is exhausting to both my time and energy.

Hopefully I will be single again soon. And I am in a relationship with someone. But do I want to get married? Not at this time. It is easy to fall in love & get married-much harder to fall out of love & get divorced.

Do I see the benefits of marriage? Yes. But they do not apply/affect me to the extent that they do others. My children have a father so they are "ok" if I am gone. My partner & I each have health insurance. I don't have much of monetary value (ie home etc) so that is not an issue. The other issues might be a concern but not at this point in my life.

My partner is twelve years younger than me (38 to 26). So, I am barely thinking of the long-term financial benefits. And I am fairly certain that he is not either-right now, he is focused on school Additionally, we have a D/s relationship that, in our eyes, is far more committed that marriage.

I absolutely support the right to marriage for everyone but for me, marriage is not a concern at this time.

Last edited by LaneyDoll; 02-09-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: typo
LaneyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LaneyDoll For This Useful Post: