View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #29
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I have been asked to present a talk at a brown bag luncheon for professional women, about my new shop opening up! I cant wait to talk to them about the store, and the whole concept of body image and how women emotionally identify with their physical selves, in such a negative way that we often disassociate from our spiritual Selves.

This is hopefully the first talk of many. I am the Fat Girl Ambassador of my little valley.

I am going to have my first auction on my FB site for the shop this Sunday. I am really hoping it goes well. I need the money to buy some racks for the shop.

Can I ask who and what are your favorite lines of clothing? I know Avenue fits me so well...Lane Bryant doesnt do a thing for me.
I have had a hard time getting trousers to fit; if a pair fit me over the thighs, hips and belly, then the waist is far too big (I’ve an hour glass figure with very wide hips). I’ve no chance getting a pair to the other way round, lol! Since my early teens I’ve made my own clothes to fit (drawstring waist).

I go for Linen Palazzo slacks with a peasant style blouse. Some of my blouses are dressier than others; I’ve made something for almost all occasions, lol!

Good luck with your talk and auction!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post: