View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #33
OldSchoolButch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Daddy

OldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST Reputation

Wow you hit home with the same issue I'm repairing in me now.We are the great rescuers ! Fighting this Co Dependence in short is hell and for me I need too keep backing up because I'm the only one that looses, No matter what I do ,or repair in my ex she stayed the same always in a constant state of despair. In the end I lost me.I recently had a friend ( not saying yours is too this extreme but mine damn near was ) that died from complications from a attempted suicide. She was in her own type of abusive relationship.I awoke a few days latter after crying for days wishing I was home too the thought "There not worth dying over". I won't go back too old haunts or old past habits. I will just keep growing best I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
I know the answer depends on a few factors but here's what I find myself facing right now:

An ex that I haven't dated in two years is back in contact with me. Not because she wants to be with me but because she needs a friend and says I was the only person she ever felt really cared about her.

I'm not in love with her anymore, heck weeks can go by before I even think about her. However, I have a fatal flaw in relationships... I love to save a damsel in distress, and that includes being the supporter when they're hurting.

I'm not saying anything will happen but I'm concerned more about myself in this situation. It wasn't a great relationship and I was the one hurt in the end... I don't want to even allow the chance for old feelings to come back.

Is it possible to really be a friend to her or is this one I should back off from?
OldSchoolButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSchoolButch For This Useful Post: