Old 03-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
boobookitty

How Do You Identify?:
I like the tag Lipstick Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
not picky, but male pronouns are soothing to the psyche
Relationship Status:
not looking for more than friends

boobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
If a femme came to me and voiced that she is all that and a bag of chips and pepsi...
LOL... My instant reaction to the idea of a femme saying such to me ... was "Yes, baby what can I do for you?" --I can play that game--

but seriously, I understand what you meant musicman.

I face the stereotype of 'what is Butch' almost every day.
I don't...(I hit an emotionalblock on this train of thought) so I'll rephrase it...
if I see a reflection of myself looking male... as I percive myself... it almost instantly triggers a reaction of "you don't measure up" ... I feel some shame that I don't have the upper body strength.. That I think I should have...

looking butch enought for a woman, is a particular issue I get passed, because I date/play with women who like a female presentation. so I am in drag anyway.

I get quite a bit of headshaking from other Butches. but so far the ones who have talked with me understand where I am coming from. but, I think it stills makes them uncomfortable. (that I am in drag)

came back to add: so far most of the responces have been, along the lines of "just accept who you are, and how you are and get on with it" ... I was thinking that the discussion was intended to be more on HOW to get over it. (with some details) and what does it feel like "in the process" ... very valid points for discussion.