How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,744 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

So true! And I am so happy to hear your news. Thanks so much for sharing.

Luckily I don't have medical issues that require frequent trips to the doctor, but for those who do, many doctors take the easy way out of helping us, blaming weight on issues that have nothing to do with the actual issue. I wouldn't say I have a "fat positive" doctor per se, but he also has never used my weight as a reason not to successfully address any problem that I've had over the years. My weight is not brought up unless I bring it up. I'm thankful for that, and it's a big reason why I keep him! What a danger it is for all the people who have to go to doctors and hear the same trite diet advice and fat phobic, ignorant shaming, while treatable problems are left not addressed. It's no wonder fat people sometimes avoid the doctor because of this! Each of us is worth finding the right doctor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post

I've always believed that being a BBW doesn't mean that the woman's health is bad. It's not possible to see what's going on inside our bodies, but, being fat is not necessarily a time bomb waiting to go off!
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: