View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #199
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
More than 130 beef products recalled 3...

This would not be such an issue if we still maintained local butchers and local abattoirs. The fact that thousands of animals go through establishment 761 in Saskatoon is, in large part, the problem. I am not sure how beef products, produced in such horrific conditions, (sanitary and humane conditions) could be safe. If one MUST eat meat, then one should go to the local farmer's market. I buy my kids their meat from a local farmer who takes it to his local butcher... the meat is better. And more importantly... safe. Oh and it tastes wwwaaayyyy better. I can't even imagine how many individual animals make one pkg of ground beef.

Thank you for posting that Cajun_dee. I don't eat meat, so I had NO IDEA this was going on today. <shudder>

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote