How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation
Default Asking for help.

hi loves,

i hope it's okay that i'm posting this here. my partner, who is ftm, is having a really rough time now and i'm just reaching out for ideas for things we can do. he lives in charlottesville right now (which is where i moved from, and he'll be moving to kansas in the next year hopefully). he hasn't had access to t. he was on t illegally last year, getting it through a friend, but it made him sick because it had potassium which caused his blood pressure to skyrocket, so he had to go off of it. recently he was able to get a diagnosis of gid (after having dealt with untreated gid for like two years now) and go on t legally. he got his first t shot three weeks ago and today his insurance company denied him coverage - they claim they don't cover the gid diagnosis and he cannot get anymore shots or see the endocrinologist. neither of us have money to do this on our own. he lives about an hour away from the fan free clinic, which is one possible option, but getting to/from the clinic is extremely difficult and the last time i talked to them they said they can no longer cover patients who have health insurance (he has to have insurance to cover his treatment for epilepsy). i have contact info for two other endocrinologists in charlottesville in case this one didn't work out, but it never occurred to me (because i don't have access to health insurance) that they would deny him coverage.

we are kind of at the end of our rope here. i'm looking into resources here in kansas (i live in lawrence, about an hour from kansas city) because if there are options here he might move here more quickly. i know some ftms here who have gotten treatment close by from private doctors. but we're probably going to still have insurance issues if he moves here.

having untreated gid for so long and feeling pretty much stuck no matter what has taken a huge toll on his mental health (and sometimes mine too). but the free counseling resources that are available to him are not trans* friendly and his argument is that getting treatment is the only thing that will fix the mental health issues...and that's a pretty good argument. it's hard to keep coming up with reasons NOT to despair.

does anyone have ideas or resources that might help? or even just solidarity if you've been in similar situations? thanks.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: