EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

I guess I'm gonna be the dissenting opinion here and not put emphasis on seeing a gender therapist before you've made the decision to try to get surgery or go on T. There are far too many therapists out there who only try to enforce the binary on trans people and it can be hard to find a good one. If you do go for a counselor or therapist, try to see if you can find one who is trans-identified. Personally, I think its better to see a therapist once you have a better sense of yourself and the direction you want to go in.

I would find a transguy or trans support group in your area first before seeing a therapist. There's also http://www.transqueernation.com/ that is a social media network and forum for trans people across the spectrum and is queer-positive.

On youtube there are a whole shit ton of videos by transguys mostly in their 20s on a channel called itsTtime2010: http://www.youtube.com/user/itsTtime2010

Ultimately, you are the only one who can decide whether or not you are trans. There are female-identified butches who have had top surgery and some who have even gone on T and still identify as female. The only reason I say this is because a lot of people seem to equate the potential for being a transguy with being masculine or having some kind of body dysphoria. I guess it's just about asking yourself if its about masculinity or if it's about a male or genderqueer/gender neutral identity.

I think princessbelle said something about lots of reading. I'd recommend that, too. Read as much as you possibly can and watch as many documentaries as you can. Do whatever you feel you need to do to further understand yourself.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post: