View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #23
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Sounds yummy Wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
This is a breakfast recipe from The Skinny Chef. I haven't tried it and just saw it as I was reading online. It sounded good, so I thought I would share it here.

Hot Cereal with Quinoa, Oats and Flax

Serves 2

1/2 cup quinoa, well rinsed
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon ground flax
2 tablespoons chopped dates
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons chopped pecans

Place the quinoa in a small saucepan with 1½ cups of water. Bring to a boil and cover. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the center of each quinoa seed is almost translucent. Stir in the oats, flax, dates, ginger, cloves and salt. Cook 5 to 10 minutes more, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the oats are cooked through. Stir in the brown sugar and nuts, serve immediately.

Nutritional Information Per Serving (1¼ cup):
398 calories
12 g protein, 70 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 8g fiber, 5 mg sodium.
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote