sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

So i've had a difficult ohhh 10-12 days or so..
But, the hard moments follow with a lesson and growth for me usually.
For that i am grateful.

i could feel myself disconnecting from my recovery, bit by bit.
Complete lack of motivation, and overwhelmed and completely exhausted..
But, the reason for that is because i set myself up to make that happen, continuously everyday..i have tools that i use daily (plan of eating, meetings, blogging, meditation, the list goes on..) Some days i am busier than others, my work shifts change each day.. And i have a tendency to pile tasks on myself and i am unrealistic about what kind of load i can handle..

When i can't handle the list of to-do's for the day, i take it out on myself.. That inner bully within resurfaces and suddenly i am creating all the excuses i need to abuse myself with food and behaviors - and it's a vicious circle.

Yesterday, i finally reconnected - and am slowly reeling myself back in.. SO hard to be honest with myself and admit that i set myself up like i do, but really i need to lose the supergirl cape and accept the fact that i'm human and can only take on so much each day..

An example:
i am a member of 6 email loops within Overeaters Anonymous, which send out writings each day sharing their experiences, and then send 3 questions .. So, 6 loops, and i fell behind for 12 days, = 72 emails of 3 questions each.. Yesterday was my day off, so i tasked myself (after doing housework, laundry, going to the gym, etc) to catch up and do those 72 emails and send them in... i started at 4pm.. By 5pm, i answered one email of 3 questions, because i'm longwinded and really dig deep when i am doing these things.. They're a great help in my recovery and learning about myself - but i was getting really overwhelmed and upset with myself that i would probably be up all night and *still* not catch up, that it would take days, and then i would be behind in *those* days too..

For the first time in my life, i made a decision that i could *not* do it, and i deleted all the emails, knowing i could not catch up, and made the decision to leave a couple of the unnecessary loops as well, and keep the important few.. So today, i start new, and i am accepting the fact that i was being unrealistic with myself and completely setting myself up to fail.. Doing so, would have allowed me to beat myself up with food & behaviors, and i simply cant move forward in my recovery that way.. If i can't do the questions, it's not the end of the world.. i never *have* to do the questions, i just expect myself to because i look forward to the growth and learning about myself and that is a great thing, but if i keep doing this i'm really not allowing myself that room to grow and learn.. And i'm holding myself back instead..

my Workbook, i'm still on Step One.. i carry it with me everywhere along with my 12x12 book.. That way, if i get spare moments at work, home or whereever i am, i can work in it.. But, it's been in my little bag for over 2 weeks, untouched.. i have been procrastinating the things that i really need to do to help me move forward,and i cling to the stuff that holds me back..

So, hard lesson & realization for me yesterday..
Today, i woke up with a few emails, don't work until 4pm..
So i am setting a realistic goal, of completing one question in that workbook, reading my literature, and completing today's questions and sending them in..

One step at a time, WHEN i have time..
And being more mindful of what i can handle each day, so i'm not setting myself up..
And not going to be hard on myself for 39 years of obsessing, behaviors and setting myself up - it's about letting go & moving forward..i will have stumbles, this i know.. but, that means more growth ahead.

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: