View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #3748
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post

Other Jo,
I do not miss those 100 degree temps in Tucson. Not one lick!

I just wanted to mention something though. I could not get myself to commit to a trainer until I found the right one.

I joined my gym because they had a trainer there that was a little more realistic to my needs. Mark is 63 years old, has an artificial hip, and this coming weekend, he is participating in a body building competition. I find him amazing, and inspiring.

He is engaged during every one of our sessions, really listens to me when I tell him about what I want to accomplish, and builds a training program around my more realistic goals and my existing sports injuries. He knows when I am pushing it too far, and he knows when I should be pushing harder.

I watch the other trainers at the gym, and they literally stand around looking completely nonplussed while their clients grovel and sweat at their feet. They are completely disconnected, and have no respect for the people who have come to them for help.

So, I thought, maybe it might be helpful to shop around for someone who is better suited to your personality, needs, and goals. It worked for me.

I think that is an excellent idea. I have one in mind there at the gym where I work out - he is a Russian ex-KGB (or so he says) officer who actually salutes me every time I walk in the door!

And I can empathize and know about those trainers who are just standing around. I am ready for a change. In fact, one lady who is a member also, walked up to me and asked if I wanted to train with her and have the Russian as a trainer - something about a reduced rate if we trained at the same time with this guy. I would think it would give me some more incentive to do well.....

Thanks for the advice!

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post: