SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Toughy, I have diabetes and as such, have to be extremely cautious and careful with my feet. When I was first diagnosed, I spoke with the foot doctor who gave me these tips: ALWAYS make sure they have an autoclave for sterilizing the equipment. Another thing you can do to ensure no cross contamination with another person is buy your own and do proper sterilization on them. The other thing that is of utmost importance, is in unit that you will sit in to get your pedicure, there is the "basin" where you will soak your feet. Almost all of them use the spa pedicure unit where they can fill it with water and drain it. Plumbing built in. Not one of those little portable units. Ok, there is a trap for all the nasty bits that trimmed off of peoples feet. You MUST make sure that this trap is emptied every single time they use it. Most shops just drain the water and squirt around some sterilizing chemical. This is not enough. The trap must be emptied. Some shops will use a tool that requires that the manicurist put in a razor blade and they kind of shave away dead skin. Not only is this a way transmitting a host of diseases if the blade is not changed, its not good for your feet. It causes more cracking on the heels. Tell them in ADVANCE that you do not want this done and to just use a pumice stone. And as far as a pumice stone, go to Sallys and get your own. Keep it in a baggie after it has dried. always bring it home with you. I know this is very detailed, but it is meant to keep you as safe as possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
nener ne ner..........made you look.....laughin....

I started this because I came across the Femme Zone thread titled 'nail me'. It made me think about my nails.

So guys...........what do we do to keep our nails in 'tip-top' shape?

I am anally retentive about nails for a couple or three reasons. I am anally retentive by nature and up-bringing. (My maternal grandmother had us pour boiling water over the silverware we just washed).

I spent many years as a med tech and also drawing blood. When someone sticks a needle in your arm you look at their hands. The last thing you want to see is dirty raggedity nails holding that needle.

I also am a dyke and my hands have many uses when it comes to sex. No one wants someone with dirty raggedity nails to get near the bits/stuff/nether regions/_______.

So guys....what is your nail care routine? Do you have one? If not, you might want to think about it.

Me......well I clip my hand nails at a minimum of once a week. I also use a nail file after I clip them to make them smooth and without rough edges. Rough edges are bad....and I don't need to tell you why......well I hope I don't have to tell you that.

I do the same with my toenails. Don't want jaggeded ass nails scraping her beautifully shaved legs.

My ex-wife always wanted to do my toenails. I really had a hard time with that because I HATE my feet being messed with...but I learned to deal with it cuz it made her happy.

Because of mobility issues, I find I am having trouble taking care of my toenails and I know my hand nails will soon follow.

That means I must start going to a nail salon to take proper care of my feet. OMG OMG................I'm lucky I live in the SF Bay Area and there are lots of nail salons in the Castro so masculine folks wanting nails done is not extraordinary. I have concerns about sterility of the tools they use and how you choose a place to do this.

I know the femmes are reading this....<grin>.....so if you have any tips please help us out....tips only.......and

any of us masculine folks...........share your experiences and how you take care of your nails.......
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post: