julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Wow Cheryl. I do understand your feelings. I am 46 and I don't consider myself very young. I am aware of history. I am aware of the many times in my own life when I thought I could not go on because of how I thought about my sexual identity. I am aware of all of things i gave up when I came out 4 years ago.

I agree with Aishah. As Ender has mentioned about what has happened in Canada, marriage equality in the US is not going to bring ALL queers forward. There is nothing stupid or ignorant of history in pointing that out. My partner is a Transman. Here in California he can change his birth certificate and marry legally. Some states, while not expressly prohibiting transpeople marrying, rely on court decisions to nullify marriages. Just take a look at Nicki Arraguz and her "legal" marriage that was challenged and nullified in Texas.

Lastly please don't think that marriage gives people inviolable rights in medical or financial decisions. I work in financial services and I can tell you many stories about heterosexual married couples who did not plan properly and families came in and changed things after a spouse died. It happens. Certainly not in the degree that it hapens in gay couples but it does happen.

What is wrong with wanting the president to say that all human beings, regardless of sexual orientation or sex or gender identity have the right to marry? I am not discounting his statement in any way. I am thrilled tha same sex marriage will be legalized. I won't though sit here and woo hoo aren't we all taken care of now. Does not mean I am negative, young, ignorant of history.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post: