Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

Can anyone give advice on the query letter for a non fiction book.

First let me go over my experiences. I have a completed manuscript on the FTM in narrative film, who speaks for the transgendered individual and primarily how the media used the image/persona of Brandon Teena to their own devices. My manuscript was my dissertation and as that it was a finalist in the SUNY Dissertation/First Book Award in Queer Studies. Obviously it was not published, but there was interest in the manuscript. On one hand I was elated at the SUNY interest, but let down by the non publishing of my manuscript. I am in the process of choosing a LGBT publishing house not an academic, because my manuscript was told to me that it does not have the academicese, but reads more like a novel. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but possibly it would guide me to the right publisher.

With all that being said, I think I have found a publisher and am beginning the process anew with the query letter. Any suggestions or advice considering my post. I am sure as I go through the process there will be more questions.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post: