thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Let's talk BARBEQUE!

OK, let's talk Oklahoma-style BBQ. For those of you who are BBQ fanatics, you my already know, but Okie style is a little sweeter than most, with none of that nasty mustard stuff they use in the Carolinas. EW. What IS that?

For those of you who like Kansas City style, or what I call Georgia/Mississippi style, you'll LOVE Oklahoma Barbeque! The sauce, like I mentioned has a little sweet in it. Depending on where you go, this could be honey or brown sugar. The good places will put a little clove in there too. MMM MMM MMMMMMMM For best results, mix the sweet sauce with a little bit of hot if you like a kick.

One of my favorite places in Tulsa is actually a Memphis Style BBQ place called Back Alley Blues and Barbeque. They have Okie Sauce and Memphis Sauce. (Memphis style is more vinegar-based.) I generally have the Okie with a little dash of hot sauce for the kick. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, right down to the corn and potatoes, is smoked. Here's a two meat dinner with pork and beef:

Now Back Alley is good, mainly because they have LOTS of sides, like the ones you see above, as well as Fried Pickles and Fried Green Tomatoes. (damn, I miss fried foods! but anyway...) BUT for the best meat in town, you'll have to go to a little place on the North side called Wilson's. Don't be fooled by their 2nd location near the University of Tulsa, it's not the same. Wilson's slogan is "You don't need teeth to eat our beef," and that couldn't be more accurate! If you're looking for beef that will make your mouth water, for smoked ribs that almost fall off the bone and melt in your mouth, Wilson's is the place to go. The menu is small and simple, but every bite is delicious, down to their homemade tiny sweet potato pies.

A pound of beef from Wilson's (makes about 6 meals for me LOL):

thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post: