mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,116 Times in 281 Posts
mariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Yotlyol,
Not sure why I like calling you that I wonder if it means 'pure woman' or 'heart woman'.
I have a strangely opposite and similar way of living spirituality and sexuality. I am 1 of 9 kids, 7 girls and 2 boys. My mother was born as American English as you can get and broke the mold by having 9 kids with 6 different men. I was raised as a vagabond hippie, my mother white (strawberry blond) my 5 blond and 1 ginger haired sister, my deaf sister, my 1/4 Japanese brother and me (African and English American).
I know very little about my father's family as he died before I could meet him in person but I spoke on the phone with him several times. My mother's family were Xian scientists, scientists and educated. She didn't practice any faith but I have been a pagan since 14 and a lesbian since 16. My love of the Goddess brought me to loving women.
I love science and science has been a huge part of my faith since I had a faith. I am an energy worker, a nurse, have studied herbs since 14, a dancer, a mother of 3 and all this is integral to my faith and spiritual practice. My spiritual practice is Shamanic in form, non-codified since for me, codifying spirit makes the energy evaporate. I have a spirit guide who has made life simple and complex for me. She has made learning new things easier and taught me intense things. What I can boil it down to is, our connection to God/dess, The Creator, The Source, The Universe, The One is via hormones, neurotransmitters and the other trace protein structures that make all Life think/do/feel everything we think/do/feel. I know The Source and I connect to The Source via estrogen. Estrogen is 1 of 2 psychic keys (serotonin being the other) that I know of. There may be more. I don't know yet. And the idea of a paternalistic Guy who cares about homosexuality doesn't feel like any spirit or God I've ever met. They VERY MUCH CARE about how mean or nice one is, if you lie, cheat, cause sorrow in another, cause pain, etc. If you love with a full heart, swoon with desire, share loving experiences with others, you celebrate life and spirit (hormonal, etc.) energy with others, with spirits and with God. Also with the horde (collection of snarling energy-sucking negative, greedy, malevolent 'djinni' for lack of a better term) but that's another story.
There are many paths to God. The point is to walk it with love. Living without love of God/dess causes violence and insanity. Living with love, with joy, with respectful appreciation of life and everyone (humans, animals, plants, etc.) who is alive with you brings one close to God. And then there's the Ubunta belief, (bad paraphrase but basically, When I laugh, you laugh, when you have sorrow, I have sorrow'). An old belief that I feel today. This is how I know God is real.
Anyways...similar yet different.
Be well and thanks for starting the thread.
mariamma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariamma For This Useful Post: