Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,246 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I recently traveled to Virginia, via PDX, and ORF. In the past, I have always been put through the full pat down due to an artificial knee.

PDX

No pat down. Efficient, attentive staff, full body scan. In and out, no fuss no muss. No conversation.

ORF

Full pat down. Friendly, cheerful, animated, empathetic, and attentive staff. In and out, no fuss no muss.

Personally, I preferred the full body scan. I was in and out, there was no "Female assist" announcement. I was on my way quickly, and in my opinion, I am not offended at all by the full body scan. I can see where it could be a problem for people with medical devices that could be harmed by this, but there were people there that were quickly moved to the pat down area, and were advised helpfully that they can now get some type of travel document to provide to TSA about their devices. Also, on the TSA website, they had options for persons who have been sexually traumatized.

Overall, I feel that the TSA is there for excellent reasons. I feel safer with them there, and I am happy to comply. There are always going to be bad employees in any job, and rules that need tweaking.

Realistically, the people who want to harm others, are likely to continue to seek ways to get past TSA, so I expect them to be vigilant, even if this inconveniences me or makes me a little uncomfortable.
Thank you for telling your experience.

I would also like to know if you have any concerns, or if you have looked into, the medical issues the backscatter machine might cause. The backscatter machines were banned in Europe due to the health concerns. Link

The other question I have is if you are aware that items can pass unseen through the backscatter machine? http://tsaoutofourpants.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/1b-of-nude-body-scanners-made-worthless-by-blog-how-anyone-can-get-anything-past-the-tsas-nude-body-scanners/

Would you feel less secure, possibly even no longer flying, if passengers were able to bring water and other liquids on the plane, wear shoes through screening, and only pass through the metal detector?

Again, thank you for contributing to the conversation.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post: