View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #12
yotlyolqualli

How Do You Identify?:
submissive femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
moving forward and not looking back... anything is possible!

Thanked 1,271 Times in 184 Posts
yotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputation
Default last post

Hello! This will be my last post on this subject. I will answer questions and respond to/with open dialogue, but I am hoping this ties everything up.

Thanks to all who showed an interest. This has made me revisit my own convictions and beliefs, and how I got to where I am now.

The last passage of scripture that made concrete my belief that I am NOT an abomination to God, is the following.

Christ is no respector of persons. Neither male nor female, Jew nor Gentile.

To me, what that says is that when God looks at me, He see's the blood of His Son, He see's one of His creations who has accepted His and His Son's gift of salvation. He see's one of His children. He looks at my soul, not at my "gender".

The common interpretation of that passage of scripture, is that Christ died for all, and I don't disagree with that, in fact I strongly believe that. But, when searching prayerfully through scripture, and asking God to help me discern if being gay was right or wrong, I was always brought back to that particular passage.

Each person must, MUST learn and discern for themselves what is right and what is wrong. Each of us, must also decide what we believe and what we don't believe.

Is there right or wrong? Yes. Are there absolutes in scripture? Yes. Do I, or anyone, have a right to tell you what they are? No. They are things that you, we, each individually, must discern for ourselves.

Christianity and homsexuality do not negate each other. For me, one has nothing to do with the other.

"Lesbian" is a label, and just like a label on a soup can tells you what that particular can of soup is, the label lesbian tells you WHAT I am.

"Christian", is not a label. It is a living, breathing sign of WHO I am and WHO I follow, and Who lives in me.

"As lives the flower, within the seed
As in the cone, the tree
So praise the God of truth and grace
His Spirit dwelleth in me.

Christ liveth in me, Christ liveth in me
Oh what a salvation, this
That Christ liveth in me!"

Take care and God bless,
Lissa