genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

If you live in Saskatchewan, you have country cousins. If you have country cousins, those cousins tend to get hitched. When those cousins get hitched (not to each other... mostly... you know...) they tend to have a wedding which features enough food to feed a small city and dancing which goes long into the night.

If you're not on your feet by the time the band strikes up or the DJ starts, your favourite uncle or cousin will be along soon to get you up for a waltz, two-step, polka (very common in my family), schottische or lindy. This is common enough that social dancing still features heavily in elementary and high school phys ed!

When I was younger, my mother and I used to practice social dancing in the kitchen on Thursday nights when the oldies channel played dance music (probably for that sole purpose.) Both of my grandfathers and all of my uncles are strong leads but, being a tall girl, I had to learn to lead too!
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post: