View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Hello to all the writers on the Planet,
Today I wanted to work on my manuscript and hit a brick wall for lack of inspiration to not just write, but as what do say. I did finish working on a chapter of my book so that is good. I will go back and reread it with a clearer head, hopefully, tomorrow. I am trying to write every day good or bad, so I can keep up the momentum. Needless to say that was not the case today and it was very difficult. As writers, do you have any suggestions as to regaining your inspiration to write and be creative? Some days it is so difficult to find the right word, and today was that day.
Thank you for any words of support/suggestions that you might have.
Julien
Julien,
One word often inspires me. I keep a notebook with lists of words that I hear or come across while reading that inspired me at the moment or that I have some sense will inspire me later. Here is a quick sample of my current list:

cropped
frustrate
amber
coney
prudent
metallic
kneel

When I am really stuck I start looking up the words on my list and often go to the second meaning. I often go back and change these words later during an edit. But, the point, even if that word gives too stong an air of melodrama it is, at the time, simply an accelerant for the next phrase, sentence, paragraph. That word just helps keep my fire burning.

Hope this helps a little...

~Bleu
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post: