Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe it's different for me because I'm from over the pond, but I didn't see her use of 'girl' in a negative sense at all. I've been getting called Sir now since I was 18 years old, when I finally got the courage to come out and I went from having hair down to my arse to a short back and sides, it doesn't offend me when I get called ma'am or miss or lady, I do get taken aback when it happens now, more because I'm just not used to being referred to in that manner. I ID as a GenderQueer, Masculine ID'd, Butch, Dyke, which I have to say, here in the UK, fuck, I even have to explain it frequently to my own family, let alone complete strangers walking up to me in the street who see a 6' tall dude, in mens clothes, with short hair, broad shoulders and a deep voice.
I think if we let ourselves be offended by everything out there today, we might as well just shut ourselves indoors, lock the door and throw away the key, then retreat into our own personally built forts in the living room...
People are people, they make mistakes, the good ones are those who own up to it and apologise, for instance, today I was walking along the beach and had a foodbag in my pocket to collect shells and stones so that I would have less sand in my pockets by the time I got back to the car, a large, loving black lab came bounding up to me, grinning, tail wagging, expecting a treat from the bag I'd just returned to my pocket, his owners were not far behind me, the gentleman said "Don't be greedy, that fellow doesn't have any food for you!" then as he drew closer and saw my face he stopped and stuttered, "Oh dear, it's a lady, I am so sorry, I cannot apologise enough." and my reaction was to grin. It was no big deal, it is never a big deal for me, but again, as I said at the beginning, maybe it's a cultural thing from being over here ...