View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #26
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkisbutchenuff View Post
Back to the Mill in a month....so many challenges and changes...new principal, new assistant principal, new curriculum, new schedule, new classroom....no raise but higher expectations...ugh!
It will be a good year nonetheless...and yr. 25!

BK
Oh I hear ya! We go back August 20th or something. I refuse to look at the start date for a few more days.

That is a lot of changes coming up! I wish you peace and luck in handling them. I am sure in 24 years you have learned a thing or two about when to roll with the changes and when to step up to the plate and lead. Do you have a personal goal for 2012/13? Among all the changes do you have a plan for self care?

I am still working summer school. Which is a blast, I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy it. I thought I was past the needing to work summer school years. And it is so much better than school year school! Since we are a special program we make our own rules. First we do our academics then out social skills. It is a blast. The kids have so much fun. I am grateful I get to see them like this. No meetings with teachers about what they can't do and how they aren't conforming. They just shine and grow and it is amazing to witness. I definitely needed this experience.

I am sincerely hoping 2012/2013 will be my last year teaching as I do now. I need to prepare for what I want to do next and it is time to move on. Going back to school, relearning about teaching or moving in a different direction. No matter what, it is time.

The school/district I am currently at is perfect for teaching me to let go and take the risk to move on. I am going to work at keeping that perspective so I don't get too full of myself and miss the lessons I can learn from where I am at. Sincerely I work with some wonderful professionals and some very unwonderful ones.

The principal made a statement this week that sent me reeling and wanting to resign immediately. It just triggered me personally, ethically and I really had to talk myself down. It was said in passing, not at work, and was a personal belief of the principal. I am sure she thought nothing of it (which is one of the scarier parts of it). And I thought too much of it. I don't want to work with a person like that.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post: