Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

Howdy Folks, I've been away for a week at the GALA Festival of Choruses...it was great, very GAY, and I did not take or look for a computer...so I'll try to catch up...and thank you to those who have carried on...YAY!!

Hummer Limousines - me thinks it's just about more bigger, but what do I know?

...and I can and will be moody about humor...

lillith -
"Willy's wife Linda also plays a role in the irony at the requiem. Linda takes a moment alone with Willy's grave telling him, "I made the last payment on the house today. Today, dear. And there'll be nobody home." Ironically Willy kills himself just before he is "free and clear" of debt. There is also another ironic piece to Linda's final words to her husband. She says to him, "Why did you do it? I search and search and I search, and I can't understand it, Willy." This is ironic because throughout the play Linda is the only person that loves Willy unconditionally for who he is, but in reality she has no idea who he is at all. Linda never let herself understand Willy's psychological problems, therefore the only thing she can think to blame for his suicide is their financial burden.

Citation: "Irony in the Requiem of Arthur Miller's play, Death of a Salesman." 123HelpMe.com. 14 Jul 2012
<http://www.123HelpMe.com/view.asp?id=14642>.

There is so much that may have to do with a person knowing who they really are...and being able to be that, in the presence of other people's expectations and judgements...

I heard Philip Seymour Hoffman, who played Willy in this last Broadway production, talk about how awful and draining the role is, yet that one must take on if one is asked to do it....if one has attained that level of ability...

very interesting.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post: