cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone read The Alienist by Caleb Carr? What a fabulous movie that would make, and I'm wondering why someone hasn't 'jumped' on that one!! It's the story of an 'alienist' (old term for psychiatrist/psychoanalyst), and how he forms a band of 'sleuths' to investigate, track down, and capture the first known serial killer in old circa 1880's New York City. It is a facsinating and riviting tale, and if well executed, I think would be a block-buster. I am tempted to write Scorsese - it's just his kind of story!! He has the finnese (see The Age of Innocence), and the violent grittiness (see Raging Bull) to pull it off magnificently!!!

I would love to hear your comments/impressions of this story if you've read the book, and if you were casting it, who you'd pick - I personally see Daniel Day Lewis, or perhaps Jerramy Irons as Lazslo Krietzler (the alienist). If you haven't read this, you should - you will never forget it. It is a grizly and gritty tale that is a sure page-turner - you won't be able to put it down!! Young boy prostitute's dismembered bodies are turning up all over the city, and the police don't have a clue as to how to start solving these crimes. Steps in Dr. Krietzler and his unorthodox methods of solving the crimes - first indication of forensic science and it's methodology.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote