View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #86
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,368 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation
Default Which events/sports do you like?

That was cool indeed! Thanks.

I got up out of my recliner and yelled and cheered during the final sprint of the women's road race. I startled the cats. Great race.

I didn't care much who won although it would have been great for the Brits if their rider had gotten the gold. It was just exciting.

I like races. Races are my favorite thing in terms of sports. It can be swimming, track, cycling, rowing, speed skating, anything. It gets my blood up.

Probably my least favorite events are team sports: basketball, volleyball, baseball, water polo.

I have always loved tennis. And I like to watch handball, ping pong and badminton. Those are fun. Like duels.

Archery, shooting, equestrian events, judo, wrestling, weightlifting, the non-race track events, and so on -- I do not become very engaged. I used to love boxing, but Mike Tyson ruined it for me. Or got me out of denial that it is a sickening sport.

I like diving and gymnastics, but I cannot always tell why one performance is good and another is not. Things like whether they took a hop or made a splash are obvious. But a lot of the time, especially in diving, I have to wait for the announcer to tell me whether it was a good performance or not. Also, the woman who is the color commentator, the former diver, drives me crazy because she does not speak standard English. I can't remember her name and don't know if she's back this time. She has done it forever though, so probably.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: