EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Instead of national kiss day how about queers go out and volunteer at soup kitchens or something useful- something the haters would never do.

I agree with Soon and say let the brand fester. The best thing to do is to stay aware of corporations using their profits to fund anti-queer causes and to take our queer dollars elsewhere.
I don't know too much about this Chick-fil-a thing (Do we even have them in Canada? Never heard of it before), but I think going to volunteer in disadvantaged communities would be a better reaction than continuing to support corporate greed.

The other thing to, is, yeah, be aware of anti-queer corporations using their profits to fund anti-queer causes...but also be aware of how corporations in general have been trying to use the queer community lately to try to make more money. For example, up here RBC may claim to be supporting queer communities through supporting Pride, but how exactly is that helping queer communities that need the most support? 40% of homeless youth here is queer-identified. That's a pretty big statistic. Is supporting corporate greed going to help anything? Not likely. People need to be aware of corporations and how they work in general. Because no matter what their real beliefs are, they will always go where the money is. If Chick-fil-a can make more money or the same profit by advertising their anti-lgbt stance, then they'll have no problems spending their money for anti-lgbt causes. If 10 years down the road that really starts to fuck with their profits, they'll change their "official" stance for the sake of profit. It's just the nature of the beast.

I just think we shouldn't be paying so much attention to corporations...and more attention to real social issues. Don't sign a petition to bring down a bigot corporation (cause at the end of the day, they're all bigots in one way or other), go out and help queer folks that need it in whatever way you can. I think that's more productive, imo.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post: