Old 08-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #99
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm really enjoying watching these Olympics...and keep coming back to the same place (which I'm sure Snack is tired of hearing )....and that's how impressed I am with the dedication and heart of each and every one of these athletes.

During the opening ceremonies, during the entrance of the athletes, the commentators remarked that most of the countries sending representatives have never won a single medal. I think we forget that in the U.S. We're so used to the "medal count" and talking about how many gold and silver and bronze our athletes won.

I am almost more impressed with those athletes who train for countless hours, travel to the Olympics and give it everything they've got.....even as they know that they have virtually no chance of medaling. What must it feel like to be swimming against the likes of Phelps and some of these others.....putting your whole heart into it and knowing you will lose before you leave the blocks? But here's the amazing part....they don't let it stop them....and watching them go as hard as they can, I am impressed as hell with their character, dedication and courage.

For me, they are all champions.