Old 08-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #23
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm another one, I confess, that is motivated by fear and responsibility more than anything.

I've been diabetic going on 30 years now (only 15 of those diagnosed), have carpal tunnel, some eye damage and nerve issues in the feet because of the diabetes. I've watched family members endure excrutiating medical procedures and die young because of this disease. It keeps me watching my diet and continually working to be more active (something that doesn't come naturally to me).

I've also been a single mom for the vast majority of my son's life....and, hokey as it sounds, I want to both give him a better life than I ever had, and also set a good example for him.

Honestly, I'd love to just lay around....be waited on....sleep. It seems like I never really get enough rest, or have a break that lasts more than a brief vacation (one of the reasons I treasure vacations so much)....but I don't want him to think that that's the way to live your life.

So....I keep working on being healthier....and I keep working at working....but I think it's more compulsion than inspiration.