Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,790 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I am so fortunate that I am an RN. It has served me so well through thick and thin.

I wanted to be a nurse from the time I was little but after I was left with a 6-month old and a 2-year old by their deadbeat dad, I knew it was the best choice I had to be able to support them. I spent a few years on welfare, doing all the prerequisites, got into nursing school, earned my nursing, bachelors degree and never looked back.

Right now I am struggling with whether or not to accept a job offer I just got yesterday. It is for way more money but also way more work. It is a management position. I am so torn. My current job has less stress, is closer to my home but there is no opportunity for advancement. I was willing to settle.

Out of the blue came a recruiter and this company that recognizes my worth, my skill set and value. Did I mention, a ton more work? I swore I would never get back into management again! The politics make me cringe but there is no escaping politics anywhere these days, in any organization.

I wish I did not have to make this decision now. I was not looking for a move. I am still not 100% from my surgeries as well as dealing with matters of the heart.

I know so many people on the Planet and in the USA are looking for work. I am grateful to be in the position of being employed. I do know how fortunate I am.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: