View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #65
yotlyolqualli

How Do You Identify?:
submissive femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
moving forward and not looking back... anything is possible!

Thanked 1,271 Times in 184 Posts
yotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputation

There's a song that we sang a quite often in church, when I was a child. The first phrase was, "I owe the Lord a morning song"

I used to think that that song was to only be sung in the mornings... lol. Now, I know different.. and while that song is often on my heart when I wake up, I've come to realize that every moment of every day, spiritually, is morning. Each breath we take, a renewal... each prayer we pray, a new beginning... each thought, each action, each emotion... a new and dawning experience.

I want to strive, in my life, to offer a song of gratitude and praise for God's kind mercies... not only for allowing me to "wake up" but for provding each breath, for being my mainstay... for being my shelter and for being my God, Father, Brother and Friend. Nothing that has been set before us, before me, is above or below God's control. He waits.... He waits for us to give Him the reins... to say... "Jesus take the wheel" so that He can show us the miracles He has for us... the desires He has for us... to prosper us, to comfort us, to heal and protect us and to simply be our friend. Our force. Our Protector and our Guide.

Prayer is powerful and God is waiting for us, to unleash His power through prayer. God does not, will not and does not want to, force His will on us... that is why He waits for us to make that first move. That first offering of praise.. "you do it Father, because I can't". Scripture tells us that His strength is made perfect in our weakness. It's only when we are at our lowest, that we truly let go and let God... and when we do, oh the awesome miracles God can and will wrought!

I hope to never, ever forget that... I am nothing, I can do nothing without God. I struggle with that concept sometimes but it's only when I truly humble myself in that way, that God can really move in my life... and through my life.

Prayer is powerful. Belief is powerful. God is all powerful and it's only through Him that the power of belief and prayer can be fulfilled.

"I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart. I will enter His courts with praise. I will say this is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice for He hath made me glad!"

BTW... that praise of thanksgiving is in ALL things... Pray without ceasing and in EVERYTHING give thanks, for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus concerning you.

My thoughts are jumbled, but there they are. (My) Life is empty without God, without faith... without belief.

My prayer for today is that God will always put a song of thanksgiving in my heart... a morning song... of gratitude and praise.