Little Fish

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones, will also respond to babe, boi and Romeo
Relationship Status:
Happy :-)

Thanked 1,886 Times in 321 Posts
Little Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahRene View Post

I am heavily leaning the direction of the sleeve. It doesn't "bypass" any of the areas of your stomach, so nutritional absorption isn't inhibited, except by dietary restrictions, which are temporary.
Hello friends,

Just to be clear on the specifics:
The stomach is a hollow organ composed of several strong muscular layers. It is located under the rib cage and connected at each opening to the esophagus and the small intestine, respectively. The stomach stores, mixes and digests the food that we eat and acts to protect us from infectious organisms we may have ingested.

The stomach is not the location for actual absorption of nutrients. That takes place in the intestines, the stomach "digests" and that is specifically the adding of acids and enzymes for breakdown and the churning into smaller particles.

As a physician, I have supervised the pre-gastric surgery weight loss efforts of many patients. My advice is to avoid surgery if at all possible. I would counsel that patients first try a medically supervised weight loss program before undergoing such invasive procedures. They are not without risks and complications. Not to mention, one's reltionship with food is forever changed--not necessarily for good. Just for the sake of this discussion, I'll say that many patients have experienced profound weight loss on a low carbohydrate eating regimen. As woth all health concerns, discuss with your own physician--as I'm certainly not dispensing medical advice but rather relaying the experiences of some of my patients.

Please consider further discussion with your Primary Care physician--they may even refer you to another doctor who can oversee a special diet that will allow for the dramatic weight loss you may be looking for.

Good luck all, you are all so very worthy of good health and a strong body, I wish you well.
Little Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Fish For This Useful Post: