Old 08-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #28
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a real believer in the theory that thoughts illicit emotions and have done a lot of work within around that particular theory. I guess I just don't want to be in more control of my life and therefore Rational Emotive Therapy (I believe it was Albert Ellis) seems to work for me. Although, I believe that some people are incapable of controlling their behaviors based upon their emotional reactions to certain events due to some underlying mental health issues (especially Asix II diagnosis), I believe that most of us can control our emotions and that they are within our control under normal circumstances. Whatever normal is.... I would say that traumatic events can lead us to behave in ways we wouldn't normally behave. However, for me to come from a purely emotional state is not the answer. I have learned that even under great duress with my training that I can respond to situations with a certain amount of rationality.

I have a ton of empathy for others - it's my job, it's what I do for a living. I teach people how to rationally think before reacting to situations. Of course, I'm no expert and I am human and I certainly do have my moments. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't believe in the theory that chemical releases within the brain chemistry are the cause of certain emotions. I do think that those emotions can be controlled as to not cause undue distress.
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post: