View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongButch View Post
Great post Ill be looking for a helper soon myself. Can you refer a company that does backround checks? Im new to this
One thought on background checks is that the person you are interested in possibly hiring can go to the local Sheriff's office and get a record printed from that state/county/town that would show whether or not they had a record there. It is specific to that area/state, but when I had rentals this was a great way for me to weed out folks with bad records.

If that person has moved recently then you might want to have them obtain one from the previous state... for instance, take me, for example...you'd want one from Maryland and New Mexico just to CYA.

These reports cost between $10-$30 but that is nominal compared to a full background check which are expensive and time consuming. This coupled with a credit report might do the trick...? I think a lot of intuition will come into play too.
The gut is never wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post: