Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I wish her old threads would go away, especially if they are going to inspire sexist humor, but even if not. It makes me think of all the people who invested TIME, and some even a certain amount of concern and affection, in a poser. It's so fraudulant when someone does that. It makes you feel robbed. Hell, people posted their wedding videos on this thread.
Understand that. However,

a) it is not closed (if a moderator wants to close it, they will do so). Until then, I / we have the right to comment.

b) after the initial trolling, there has been a very interesting and valuable discussion here about many aspects of marriage. There is significant focus on LGBT persons getting legal rights to marry but, IMO, insignificant focus on a multitude of marriage-related customs and expectations.

c) no one should feel their time is wasted. The community, and how we respond to threads, is not about the original poster. In fact, this thread reiterates that as real members of the community have had a rich discussion. It might have originated from a troll (and, yes, I wish it didn't) but it has not been all bad.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post: