View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #69
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,138 Times in 10,006 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

While sleepless tonight and reading political blogs, I came across an article in the UK Telegragh (How a broker spent $520m in a drunken stupor and moved the global oil price) about a 34 yr. old oil trader who, in an alcohol induced blackout, traded "huge volumes of oil with very little cash up front and no position limit" (see article, HERE).

After the intial shock of reading how this happened, I noticed in the lower right-hand corner of their blog, a link to an The National Memo's article about Mitt Romney and the political head-spinning twist of saying that he was going to "end public finance of America's largest classroom - PBS;" which PBS fired back saying that they're going to announce the shows' newest member "Big Oil" and that if "this works out, next season we'll meet Big Oil's imaginary friend, Clean Coal" (see article, HERE).

Which, in turn, led me to another article at The National Memo, which spoke to 5 reasons why Romney is a worse candidate than John McCain was, last time we had a presidential election (see article, HERE). Short form from the article:
  1. A draft-avoiding, private equity maven with a record conforming his views with the orthodoxy of his party. Romney's one great accomplishment -- health care reform -- almost cost him his party's nomination.
  2. When Mitt Romney picked Paul Ryan, he may have picked someone who is more experienced on the public stage than Sarah Palin, but he also picked a candidate many voters will vote against for his plans to slash Medicare, Medicaid and education.
  3. (The race card) Mitt Romney's relentless repetition of a debunked charge about welfare reform reeks of racial innuendo.
  4. Who quits a winning campaign six weeks before election day? No one. But Romney's national co-chair Tim Pawlenty did just that on Thursday.
  5. (Statistic proof provided by The Pew) Romney has the worst favorable to unfavorable ratings of any candidate for president since Pew started measuring such things.
In addition, I thought some of you might find this article fascinating (I know I did). I have excerpted the opening article lines from Highly Debatable: The Big Liar’s Biggest Lies:
“It’s not easy to debate a liar,” complained an email from one observer of the first presidential debate – and there was no question about which candidate he meant. Prevarication, falsification, fabrication are all familiar tactics that have been employed by Mitt Romney without much consequence to him ever since he entered public life, thanks to the inviolable taboo in the mainstream media against calling out a liar (unless, of course, he lies about sex)" (Link provided, HERE).

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: