Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread!

I absolutely do and coincidentally, a couple of friends and I were talking about this last week!

I had a Ford Pinto-not my favorite car. My brother drove it out from Maryland to CA when I was 22.

One day it broke down on this busy street when I had both daughters in the car (youngest about 1 and other almost 3).

It got towed and it was dead. Piece of crap car.

At same time, a guy I had been dating at the time, started dating another woman with two kids and he liked my apartment so much, he rented an apartment for her right across the hall from me. Yeah, I felt great about it.

One day, out of his guilt over the situation, he drove over with a used, but in beautiful shape, 1974 Super Beetle. Yes, I accepted his gift. I was on welfare with no car, two little ones and had to watch him go into new girlfriend's apartment each day.

Anyway. Loved, loved my Super Beetle! I had a big " Sisterhood is Powerful" bumper sticker across the back of the car and got the finger from men and thumbs up from women.

My first girlfriend installed an awesome stereo in it one day when I was at work for my birthday. Oh, we had some great times in that car! Amazing what you can do in a Super Beetle!

Then I got rear-ended on the Santa Ana freeway exchange to the 55 and it was an accordion.

Still miss that car. *sniff*

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: