How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,430 Times in 6,883 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
omg..the first time I heard a fisher cat I was living on a 200 acre farm up in New England...and was all by myself that night. I read ALOT of serial killer books and had just found out there was a serial killer in that area who had not been caught. It sounded just like a woman being tortured out in the woods! When I was told about the fisher cat, I was SURE I was having my leg pulled but sure enough, they existed. The Fisher Cats remained scary as hell to me...but at least they were just weasels and not a serial killer.
Fisher cats are down right skeery.... My daughter used to take riding lessons at a small farm that abutted the woods. The owner of the farm had to put in an extra electrical wire low to the ground because the fisher cats were attacking the horses...they have NO FEAR.... I have only seen them crossing streets at night, but my youngest daughter had a close call with one while we were geocaching one day. She had tired of looking for the cache and we were headed back to the car. I was looking in one last spot and she took our dog, Matty back to the car with her....when I got there she was in the car doors locked....lol When I got in she told me this strange animal had been by the stream when she went by and had growled at her.....she tried to describe it but it didn't look like anything she had seen. I showed her a picture of a fisher cat and she said that was what she saw. It's rare to see them close up....
And yes they sound JUST LIKE a woman screaming.... I was at my sister's house one night and we heard it and we thought we should call the cops! My brother in law has been a country boy his entire life and told us what it was....she lost 2 cats to the fisher cats while living there They are the only predator of porcupines as well.....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post: