View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #19
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
On the dating site where I meet potential dates, frequently I will get an email or a smile from women but when I read their profile (or see that they live in the UK or Costa Rica, to name a couple I have received); I just do not respond.

Conversely, I have sent smiles to women within my parameters of Santa Barbara to the north, San Diego to the south and they never responded.

I just figure that either they don't like my profile or my picture or that they fell in love with someone. Regardless, I do not take it as a personal rejection- I just move on. Who knows why they did not respond. It may have zero to do with me.

I might, however, say to myself: "Damn, she was really cute, too!".

Oh well, you can't win them all!
When I get an email or smile from a woman outside of Europe, I'll reply with "Thank you, but the distance is too great." I've resorted to putting "UK and Europe only" on my profile, and yet a few will ignore it.

I emailed a woman on a dating site and was ignored, a few months later we met in person at a local LBGT meet-up. After we chatted for a while, she admitted that she went on my looks even though she read my profile and decided to pass. We went on a few dates which were enjoyable, but there was no spark there for me.

I like to exchange a few emails and phone calls before meeting. The first "date" I like to be casual and take it from there. I don't have any expectations; I've learned not too. I went on a date at the weekend with a butch who was completely the opposite to my "usual tastes". We had a good time and met for lunch today.

Dating is both fun and frustrating and although I've been a quite a few dates that haven't followed on to anything more, I'm learning that my tastes are changing and I'm becoming more comfortable with certain things, such as a date being a couple of inches shorter than me (...only a couple, though, lol!).

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post: