View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #11663
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,181 Times in 3,024 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

A car full of teenagers this morning who hadn't seen each other since Election night comparing notes on the general states of crazy in their various households. Hysterical descriptions of panic and relief were told.

The same teens realizing that all of them, except for my daughter, will be old enough to vote in the next presidential election. (she'll be 5 months shy of 18) and then devising ways to sneak her in to vote or make her a fake id, issue a new birth certificate, so that they could all go vote in their first presidential election together. Me laughing internally how it's not crossing any of their minds to make her 21 so she can buy them booze. They just want her to be able to exercise her right to vote.

A generally stoic girl at our school group this morning. She's one of those who hardly ever speaks and then when she does, it's always a zinger. She cracks me up. Today is her birthday. She was wearing this hat.

I have the same exact hat. So I grabbed her by the earflaps the conversation went like this

Me: I have the same hat! (spoken in excited girly type voice)
She: You do?!! (In an unprecedented excited girly type voice coming form her)
Me: Yes, we need to plan a dress alike day! (grabbing her hands)
Her: OMG we so do! (grabbing my hands back and jumping up and down)
Unison: SQUEEEE!
Instantly followed by stoic face returning, a fist bump, and both of us walking our own directions.

A few minutes later, a 6 yo comes in, who lost a tooth last week. She showed me how she lost another tooth this week, the same one I told her was going to come out next. She told me it was far too sacred of a tooth to give to the fairies so she kept it and now carries it with her.

Just after I recover from that, in comes an 8 yo with her hands waving in the air, crying out "It's Sacrelig! Just Sacrelig"!
Me: Um, honey, everything okay?
She: so-and-so (insert poor 8yo boys name) won't read Harry Potter II!

Later in the day, many smiles, watching our teens happy playing in the sun out on the playground, like they are still little kids.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: