ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I think that maybe I went out with her a few too many times.

I have had coffee with several that it was easy to just say thanks but no thanks.

I also really wish that I felt "that way" about her.

She is stable, solid, mature, retired, financially well-off, funny and a very sweet butch.

Oh and she really likes me.

I guess I think that I should feel that way about her.

Damn.
THIS. This right here is my biggest stumbling block. I feel almost guilty for not having feelings for a person who is stable and interested in me. I really WANT to like them, but it's just. not. there.

On the opposite end of this, I've had people tell me they're just not interested in anything other than friendship with me. A couple times it has come as a HUGE blow, but I was grateful for the honesty. I mean, how much time in my past have I spent pining over someone who had no interest but also wasn't brave enough to tell me? Too much. I get that it takes courage to face someone and tell them you aren't into them like that, but there's no reason it has to be a prolonged suffering on both parties' parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykeumentary View Post
*im blushing*
Like ScandalAndy said (I think) - the Philly/South Jersey area is a little difficult for b/f dating.
And ATTENTION All Butches: Ruthie14 is a CATCH. I'd date her myself, but she might be my cousin.... South Jersey is a small town...

YESSSSSSS, it's like b/f is super passe here so you have to seek out folks you get "the vibe" from. I was at a friendsgiving last night and I think I saw two! But they're in a relationship with each other. Either way, I made some super awesome new friends.