Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
You know, I feel like venting a bit.

I've been feeding a couple male cats that hang down at my end of the trailer park. I knew they were both fixed, but today I realized one of them has been declawed in the front. He had rolled over on the cement for me to pet him and I just happened to peek at his front paws. When they're declawed they just look different...who the hell lets a cat go that has not only been fixed, but also declawed. It makes me sick to think that there are people in the world that take an animal and discard them like trash when they no longer want them or can't bring them to wherever they're moving. I have been living in this crappy place because of my rescues. It gets harder everyday for me to stay here with this slumlord that owns the park now, but we all make choices. When my ex and I split up a few years ago and I got custody of all the rescues, I made the choice to keep them together and try and find good homes for them.....ok, so the good home thing hasn't really worked out, but I'm not going to just toss them in the street again.....some days I just wish I didn't or couldn't feel for animals or people, but I know it's not who I am.

Stepping off soapbox now.
Wolfy I share your frustration. It is very hard to watch animals be thrown away essentially. Have you tried posting ads on Facebook for adopters? The rescue groups and shelters that I am linked up with have a lot of success through FB. All it takes is a photo and description of the cat. You decide how to evaluate the adopter or foster. You have a good heart and those cats are lucky to have you. I would try to get the cat who was de clawed placed because they are the most vulnerable when they can not defend themselves.

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post: