Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for your eloquence Theo. I do not condone violence but I do understand it is a way to get a message across when you feel threatened and unheard. Does it accomplish much? No. But it makes the thrower feel some degree of power. I understand how frustrating it is to feel powerless.

Much as we as a nation have undergone major changes at various times - freedom from slavery, the great depression, the cold war, the rights movements etc - I suspect we are facing another change. Change is indeed scary and it certainly evokes much emotion
both good and bad.

I, personally, dont care for change but if I have to deal with it, I prefer it be presented in an open and honest way - that is respectful and decent. What I object to is the lies and deceit we Americans have been forced to deal with. Tell me the truth. Dont sugar coat screwing me. When people overreact, I find it is because they feel they have not been dealt with fairly or honestly.

I find it difficult to ascribe to an us-them mentality. I think it leads to conflict rather than resolution. Even when people do not agree with me or see things the way I do, I find it helpful to try and see things from their perspective. This doesnt mean I have to agree with them, it simply means their views are important too. Compromise comes from seeing all sides and focusing on what can be agreed upon. Can learn a lot by listening

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote