Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Semantics......I am saying people have the right to free speech. If they have the need and immaturity to use slurs, so be it. If someone has the need to respond to slurs, they have the right to do so as well.

I am speaking for myself. And I believe in picking my battles carefully. I have discovered I can change more minds or mitigate more bigotry by not reacting to it or not reacting negatively to it. Bigotry and slurs are designed to evoke a negative response. I prefer to take a positive approach because to me, responding with negativity invites a confrontation. I prefer communication to confrontation.

And I am not going to respond to every slight to gay folks that I encounter in living. To me, life is more about being a good person than being a card carrying cause laden gay person. Some things require a response, some dont, it is a matter of perspective.

Prejudice is not eradicated by legislation, neither is discrimination but that is just my opinion. I have seen to many people being screwed by the very laws designed to help them simply because the perpetrators use a roundabout route to justify their deeds while circumenting the law.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: