Old 12-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #25
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

Good luck on your journey, it sounds like a difficult process. I too, am in the midst of transition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
This weekend I am embarking on probably the most scary part of My journey so far, and that is to come out to My parents as being transgender. I wrote My mom a fairly long letter this morning, coming out to her first before My dad because I know that she will love and support Me no matter what ........... however, I'm still prety scared about what their reaction is going to be. Its a pretty big subject to have to talk to them about, telling them both that instead of having to daughters that they actually have one daughter and one son.

I think My biggest overall concern is My 12 yr old sister, cheyenne, who is autistic. She only knows Me as her sister and she doesn't understand alot of things around her, as well as knowing that she doesn't respond well to change has Me concerned. Despite that, I am moving ahead with My plans to come out and then to transition .......... I already know that I wll be changing My name legally, take T (hopefully via injections) and then once I can afford it go for top surgery. I've explained all of this to My mom in her letter and will be sending it to her email tonight, so I'm nervous and scared but excited at the same time.

I guess My reason for staring this thread is to ask other FTM's (as well as My MTF sisters) about their coming out stories. How did each of you first come out? Who was it that you came out to? How did you find people reacted to the news? I'd love to hear about other's coming out stories, partly to get an idea of how people might react when I come out, but also mostly just to know that I am not alone in this first part of My journey.

I very much look forward to reading everyone's story
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote