The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitmo01 View Post
Talking Heads like this idiot have a right to express thier opinion in this country. We also have a right to not listen..what gets slippery is when you have a pulpit to espouse your views like fox news, talk radio, tv and your voice has sway over the millions of sheeple that buy the crock of shit that your spewing.....personally I think that ann coulter and rush limbaugh are assinine idiots but they have every right to say what they want as much as i have the right to say to them, I dont want to hear what your saying....

sometime the end result is horrible, ie--the denver radio talk show host Alan Berg..who got murdered for what he was saying...

but id rather hear the stupidity than have it be silenced outriight by the government because where does that stop?

The Constitution is what stops it. Basically, in Canada you can say what you want but if what you say advocates violence against others (e.g., "Kill the <insert epitath>!! The holocaust was a lie!!") then, no, you can't say that. In Canada, that is akin to yelling Fire in the theater.

Honestly, it can work in Canada because of the way the society was made and because of the attitude there. It would never work in the US based on what I've seen thus far.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass

Last edited by Linus; 03-24-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: