View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 AM   #3
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guihong View Post
Well, #1 for me would be "pay $$$ to get Holly and Gaige here to clean my apartment" .

Seriously, if you have a tall trash bin (that you can't reach all the way into to clean the bottom), put it in the tub with some Dawn and scrub it sideways with a spare toilet brush.

If your saucepan lids keep getting all over the place, put a plastic drainer in the cupboard and store them upright.

It's not a "green" product, but I'm loving the new pods of laundry detergent. You just drop one, maybe two, in. No more gunky cups!

If it's just you, or you and Gaige, this might not be such an issue. I have teenagers :P who shed their belongings all over the place. Before you begin to clean, get a laundry tub or basket and walk through the entire house, gathering things that are in the wrong room. Return them to the right room. Pick up all trash, get anything off the floor, all dishes in the kitchen, all laundry up, etc. Doing all this before a big clean will simplify your job and you won't have to interrupt yourself all the time.

(and if you're me, you will finish that step and say "heck with it" and have a lemonade ).
Great post guihong! I love the tips about the trash bin, and the laundry basket, and I have been known to use the dish drainer trick with tupperware lids.

The laundry basket idea is my favorite tip here, because I have adhd, which for me, means I go into a room to do a specific thing, get distracted by an object, and forget why I'm there. This leads to six other projects, not related to the first, before I remember what I was meaning to do in the first place! Perhaps if I went around gathering objects beforehand, I could stay on task a little better!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: