meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,300 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and hope.
Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord......this verse stirs up a controversy among Christians sometimes.

I ask those of you participating in this thread, are we predestined? Do you believe in predestination? Is our destination changed as we stroll threw life making decisions? When we make decisions on our own and they turn out badly does our destination change from the path God has prepared for us? Or is that part of the path God has prepared for us? Are we predestined to make bad decisions/choice?

I believe we are predestined as God being omniscient knew before we were born what our destiny would be. However, I don't believe it is without human will and action involved. It's a like a movie already watched by God....He knows what will be already....for us, it is in the moment living, making decisions and acting on them. I think God has a path for us, but not everyone takes that path. Is this what you were asking?

Thanks for this thread, kent!