View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #34
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I drop the F-bomb in inappropriate places (like work), frequently.

I interrupt people too much (while on the phones at work, this is necessary, a lot. Not so, with loved ones and friends).My mind is going 100 miles a minute, every moment that I'm awake (and probably while I'm sleeping too). I tend to anticipate (mostly correctly, but not always) what someone is trying to tell me, and I make them feel less valued by finishing their thoughts, with my words.

I have a constant need for instant gratification. I want answers, and I want them now.

I speak my mind, often, and sometimes without realizing my bluntness may anger or hurt people. Not intentionally, I just speak before thinking sometimes, and assume that what I am saying is as clear to the person I am speaking to, as it is to me. This leads to a lot of explaining.

I hyper focus on things. Sometimes, this keeps me from moving on to other tasks/responsibilities/activities that need my attention too.

Sometimes, I talk myself out of accomplishable goals.

I am the queen of procrastination, I seem to like speeding around and doing things at the last possible second. When I take on tasks at a reasonable pace, I tend to get distracted easily by other things.

I can be overly kind to others who have been extremely hurtful to me, out of a sometimes misplaced wealth of empathy for what they may have experienced in life.

When someone that I care about, or have respect for, thinks I have done something, that I know I have not done, and it is a mean or hurtful thing that they have assumed I am guilty of, I try to explain, but end up in a torrent of tears/sobs, because I can't believe someone that I care about, or who truly knows me, would think I was capable of such a thought or action. This is followed by me clamming up, and shutting down. I have a tendency to then try to blame myself for their assumption, which takes up a lot of emotional energy. Eventually, this leads to an "ah ha" moment, when I realize I am doing that co-dependent thing my mother does, and I am feeling guilty for their thoughts and ideas about me, that have nothing to do with who I am, or any action of mine. This moment sometimes takes way too long for me to get to.

I write/type run on sentences constantly, and I am stubborn enough not to care (See above), because it is also the way I express myself in person, and no one ever complains about my punctuation then.

I am stubborn, resistant to change, and my mother has often told me I would be willing to debate with a stop sign, if I felt that I have a valid argument. Sometimes she appreciates this about me, and says she admires my backbone, sometimes not so much.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: