thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
I've heard in some committed relationships, the understood and expected norm is shared email addresses, cell phone numbers, Facebook accounts, and passwords for everything. Oftentimes this isn't just for convenience but for the express purpose of checking up on each other and "keeping each other honest" in the relationship.

How do you feel about this behavior for the above-mentioned purpose? Is this the established rule in your committed relationship? Or do you believe this crosses certain personal boundaries? Or are you somewhere in between?
that's a bit creepy IMHO

I am crazy annoyed by couples who have no separate identities. It's bad enough when one person always talks for the other - "Bill and I think..." Really? Is Bill mute? Why can't YOU just think something? But when "Steven&Darcy Smith" post a comment on my FB, I'd like to know if it was Steven or Darcy who said Obama was the antichrist.

If you don't trust your partner, don't move in with them. Don't fuse identities just to "keep each other honest".

In my experience, if someone has cheated on me (I am assuming that is what this crazy shared account thing is supposed to prevent?), I know it in the pit of my soul. They change in ways that make it obvious. I don't need to go searching for proof - my gut has never been wrong about that one. So, I'm not going to worry about anyone cheating on me until it actually happens, and I don't think having a shared account is going to make it any less likely to happen.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post: